Thursday, June 28, 2018

A New "Sunrise" and More

A New "Sunrise"...and More!


Things are starting to really heat up in music production land. Mike's song "Sunrise" has just been re-mixed from the GarageBand demo, and...it is absolutely gorgeous! Mike says he actually wrote this one way back in those days when we were young. Now we in the band are all closer to that final sunrise, the one that will last and last and last...when we will meet Our Risen Savior, Deo volentes. This song sounds like a movie score; come to think of it, Josh has done those, hasn't he! Yes he actually has done that for pay! CLICK!

Sunrise!

Danny Gagnon
Dave Bourque, Mike & John

Thematically, it matches well the other song that Josh has now re-mixed, "When He Came Into My Life". This was written by Danny Gagnon and Dave Bourque back in the late 70's. I (Mark Lajoie) re-imagined it with a Dave-type bass line and recently worked it up on GarageBand. This also has been re-mixed to great advantage.

Image may contain: plant and indoor

Here are the lyrics, all about a personal Pentecost and the desire to give everything. The spiritual life actually is a constant battle with vice, evil and anything that gets in the way of loving God and our neighbor with all that we are.


“When He Came Into My Life”
by Daniel Gagnon & Dave Bourque, adapted by Mark Lajoie
copyright 2010

When He came in-to my life He set my heart on fi-re
Loos-ened the bonds and set me free with His love
Yes, He came in-to my life with tongues of burn-ing fi-re
Lord Je-sus, my sa-vior I know that I'm read-y to give

He asked me if I was will-ing to give com-plete-ly
For the road is hard and filled with mi-se-ry
"Don't wor-ry, my son, for I will al-ways be with you"
Lord Je-sus, my sa-vior I know that I'm read-y to give

The dark-ness is gone and now I see the light
The blind-ness in my eyes is read-y for sight
With fi-re inside my heart I know I can fight
Lord Je-sus, my sa-vior I know that I'm read-y to give

Well, He can come in-to your life and set your heart on fi-re
Loos-en the bonds and set you free with His love
Well, He can come into your life if that's what you de-si-re
Lord Je-sus, my sa-vior I know that I'm read-y to give
Lord Je-sus, my sa-vior I know that I'm read-y to give
Lord Je-sus, my sa-vior I know that I'm read-y to give

CLICK this!

When He Came Into My Life


There is MUCH MORE in the works this summer, so be ready for more information. I'm so sorry to keep writing like this, but...I can't help it! It's so exciting! 

Rejoice with us, friends....

Mark LaJOIE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment