Thursday, July 13, 2023

Cast Your Soul!

 Cast Your Soul!





July 13, 2023
The past two days, I took some old tracks I had put down in GarageBand many years ago and created this demo. I did it by myself, recording guitar and vocals. I wrote this song in January 1973, right after my 'conversion experience', when I came back to the Lord & the Church as a teen. I used to take the LONG walk over the long bridge in Augusta over the Kennebec to go to Cony high school. I saw some birds flying overhead and wrote this.
Memorial Bridge in Augusta where this song came


{I was hoping Mike could add some keyboard to this, and it may be part of a future worship album. I have decided to release it as is to digital distribution under my own name; this is the first time I have ever done this. Please pray that all be according to His Will.}


I re-worked the lyrics yesterday a bit to emphasize that the 'little bird' was really ME! I was so lost, lonely, cut off by sin from the Source of Living Waters. He called out to me in my sorrow and brought me back by Confession to a totally fresh, new way, proving to me just how deep is "the Spirit of This Love". This can be you, too, if you are that lost & lonely little bird. 🙏


I pray this blesses you! #CastYourSoul #LivingWatersMsc #WashYouClean


https://www.reverbnation.com/marklajoie/song/34077196-cast-your-soul

https://www.reverbnation.com/livingwaters/song/34062781-cast-your-soul-demo-by-mark-lajoie

No comments:

Post a Comment