Sunday, August 30, 2015

STAY!

STAY!


Mike McBride is looking at a new song!

Dave & Kath, Tony & Denise, Greg & Anne with Josh & T: a lot of faithfulness for a long time....



Well! The latest LW production is a love song. It is called “Stay!”; one trusted listener commented that it reminded them sonically of The Cure; I hear some U2 in the guitar also. It is definitely high-quality songwriting. Its completion comes immediately on the heels of the marriage of Jackie & Eric in the group – how timely! Mike and I sang together his very first song at that wedding; it is entitled “Love Is” from I Corinthians 13. We are talking about making that our next project perhaps, making sure Mike and I sing together on it again. That would be great!

I really got a kick out of it when I noticed that our other big love song in the past was “We’re Gonna STAY”: STAY? – we’re gonna STAY? – right? Staying is something that is really hard to do, sometimes. We see Matrimony in the Lord as a forever Covenant that is an ideal place to learn sacrificial love. Genesis 2 says, “A man shall leave his mother and a woman shall leave her home, and they shall become one flesh.” However, our point is never to condemn those, even among our family, who’ve had bad experiences here. We want our fidelity to our spouse, our family and our friends to be more of a sign of hope and joy! The Lord’s help in keeping this commitment, which is eternally sure for those who make this promise before God and everyone, is something that blesses everyone else around, wherever they may be in their life. I might also say this song perfectly fits the Living Waters cry of joy and trust heard in so many of our songs.

Mike felt a wonderful, deeper truth in the song he was given. Here’s what he said:

Stay?  This song is for anyone.  It's about speaking up.  A proclamation.  Commitment.   An exciting expression of letting love flow.  It makes me feel grown up.  It's for anyone; my children, my parents, my friends, my soul mate, my God.  Without them, where would we be?

True that, Mike! I also include the link for “We’re Gonna Stay” recorded in the early 90’s, which we also reprised at the latest wedding.

Peace & Love & JOY,
Mark LaJOIE!



No comments:

Post a Comment