Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Hail Mary!

Hail Mary!


Hail Mary studio version CLICK to listen!

Mike came out with a beautiful demo of the Hail Mary this past year, and I knew it had to go on this album we have been working on, as a group song. But, Josh had an idea. He wanted to use all the LW singers to create a more orchestral, angelic version that would have the group's imprint on it. To be honest, I think we were baffled as to what exactly he meant by this, but we dutifully showed up and laid down our vocals. As we listened back, frankly? we were all a little disappointed. It didn't seem quite up to what we would expect, like we just hadn't 'got' it, so we just put it on the shelf for awhile. Well! Guess what? Josh's vision was not only right, I would say it was divinely inspired. Just listen to what he was able to do with this. Just listen to it. It is amazing without a doubt, beautiful beyond words. I've heard a lot of "Ave Maria"s but this? I think is the best. Mike carries the melody, of course, but I'm in there blending on the bottom and Dave & Denise are shining at the top of the mix. It's the sort of creation that makes me glad I am alive to experience it.

Peace & Love & JOY,
Mark LaJOIE!

Hail Mary studio version CLICK to listen!


No comments:

Post a Comment