Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"Anna Post Writing"

"Anna Post Writing" Posted on Jul 12, 2010 at 01:27 PM (Modified: Jul 12, 2010 at 05:07 PM)July 13, 2010 at 1:33 pm
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/13648581 Link to "Anna Post Writing"

This was written during the time I was living at the McBride's in Natick (1982?) We didn't actually perform it that much but it was pretty cool when we did. Here is what I wrote to my band mates when I first sent them this NoteWorthy Composer version:

Mes amis,

Voici un chanson vraiment etrange. I kept in all the weird stuff, even the "creeping", the "crawling" and the "crying". Part of that bridge sort of reminds me now of nascent 'rapping' before it was cool and before it quite gets cool. All that notwithstanding, I think this is some really cooking '70's-type happening weirdness! What do you think?

And then Dave Babish replied thusly:

"Ahh - Anna Post. Perhaps, in my opinion, one of Living Waters' most "undersung" grooves, and perhaps one of the purest rockers. I found this one on tape while in college. A real showcase of the above-average Living Waters vocals in that chorus. Space for Tony to drive. The song that perhaps most deserves a pulsing lighting rig. The reason for Greg's high tops.

Mark, Greg, Dave, etc, I always liked how many of your songs were about a particular story, a particular experience. A lot of your music was written from first person:

"I see a boat on the horizon..."
"I prayed for you..."
"Make me free."
"When I look at myself and at others..."

Good stuff.
thanks,

Dave"

Quite a different story created out of a...PLAY ON WORDS!...imagine that.

Enjoy...Peace
Mark L.

No comments:

Post a Comment