Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"Carry On "

"Carry On "Posted on Jul 15, 2010 at 06:39 PM (Modified: Jul 15, 2010 at 06:45 PM)July 15, 2010 at 6:51 pm
www.reverbnation.com/play_now/4783790 for a live group version

{UPDATE August 4, 2010: A live version has been found, converted and posted. In this one, I seemed to be having trouble playing my guitar! But the whole group including Mike made up for it with a great performance and the vocals stand out. Enjoy it by clicking on the first link.}

This was written about 1987 or so when Julia and I were newlyweds in downtown Hopkinton. It was featured in the first Reunion Show and Tom Prunera really liked it a lot. It is based directly on the famous "Footprints Prayer" and plays on the double meaning of "carry on" meaning both keep on carrying me and 'keep on keeping on'. If you read the lyrics, it's really more about the aftermath than what happens in the story - the hope that comes from trusting His tender mercies for you.

This is a song I play live for my students every year when we are talking about personal growth and spirituality; it's perfect for that theme, how one has to grow spiritually in trust in order to grow as a healthy person.

I hope you like this but pray that the real song gets out here soon. {Somebody must have prayed!}

Love,

Mark L

No comments:

Post a Comment