Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"Perfect Gift-Song"

"Perfect Gift-Song"

August 20, 2010 at 10:14 pm
http://www.youtube.com/user/LivingWatersUtube#p/u/10/tSY07mny_jM  video of "Perfect Gift Song"

http://www.youtube.com/user/LivingWatersUtube#p/u/11/irntFEAMv4A  click for another wedding video, "This Loving Stream", our First Dance

Julia made the beautiful programs for our Wedding when she was working at Framingham State College.  She had a quote on it from one of the Fathers (Tertullian) that we really liked:  "Beautiful indeed is the marriage of two Christians, for nothing separates them whether in body or in spirit"

This is the song I sang at our wedding after Communion.  I also performed it at the Cathedral in Boston that time we played the concert with Dana and John Michael Talbot.  Dana was struck by some of the ideas and later incorporated some of them from this into an album of hers, as I recall.  The phrase I believe I picked up from the spirituality of Mother Teresa.  We have a painting by a Maine woman Julia met at I.C. in Nashua, Susan Conroy who spent time with Mother Teresa.  The painting is showing the tiny Jesus in the palm of Mary and calling him the "supreme love-gift", which is typical phraseology for Mother Teresa.  I think of everything musically, so, for me, it came out "perfect gift-song".

The bottom line in this song is I reached a certain basic level of maturity that I hadn't gotten to before.  To say I was a late bloomer is an understatement.  I was rejoicing that I finally felt like an adult and it was my faith taking me to that place.  I was realizing how very self-centered and childish I had always been and experiencing the joy of coming awake to the world of others around me, to become more child-like.  A true relationship with Jesus is the way for all of this to come together.  I hope I'm not babbling; I'm just trying to talk about how this song came about.  It was a deep prayer of Faith and Hope that I could really live Charity.

I am posting here the video of this song as I did it after Communion at our Wedding Mass. I hope it brings back good memories for some of you.

"Perfect love casts out all fear."
Mark Lajoie

No comments:

Post a Comment