Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"Forever"

"Forever" July 14, 2010 at 11:54 pm


UPDATE! 2013 We have now put a LIVE VOCAL to this song. Click this link & you will hear it. Also available w/backing track:  http://www.reverbnation.com/c./poni/164113105 WITH VOCALS


NO VOCALS  http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/13650392 Link to "Forever"

I noticed I hadn't really written down any of my older meditative material. What to start with and how to approach it? Well, how about "Forever I will be with you"? OK. How should it be written down? I thought I would try my hand at arranging it for full group and strings this time [on Noteworthy Composer at first].

There was a woman up in Maine called Mary Veilleux whom many of us knew and respected. She wrote inspired songs and I really liked her music. She spoke to me once at a Charismatic thing in Natick way back in the mid '70's and said something like, "The Lord is calling you to speak for Him powerfully…to act as a prophet." This is a somewhat strange statement. "Well, I have spoken out at prayer meetings once in a while like that," I said, thinking of that whole charismatic style of worship. "No, No," she said, "I'm talking about MUSIC. He wants to speak with MUSIC." I never shared that incident with all of you, I don't think. I think she was right. God does want us to use music to help them hear how immensely he loves us all. This song makes me think of that, because, what Jesus and His Heart and His Mercy really are, shines through the sounds and words here. I was poor and hurting and I needed so much to hear and believe this message - we all need it. "Love is the fulfillment of the Law."

Enjoy. Peace.

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment