Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"I See His Face"

"I See His Face" Posted on Jul 16, 2010 at 10:25 PMJuly 16, 2010 at 10:31 pm

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/13608170 for "I See His Face" [classic live]


We were doing this in the early 80's and Dave Bourque and Denise Vassel were featured on vocals at the time. I've re-discovered it lately, doing it solo; I did it with Dave recently at a coffeehouse - it was so good having Dave sing this with me.

I wrote this song (around the same time as "Rock and Boat") after someone gave me a painting of the Face of Jesus on the cross. The thing about it is the picture of the face was made out of hundreds of regular people's faces with some others like Gandhi, Pope John and so forth. I've never been able to find that painting again; if anyone finds it, let me know.

[ALERT:  I finally found this picture! It is by Soledad Coachella.  Here it is:
 

So, what's the point? Do I see Jesus or the good in others? Do they see the same in my face? The last verse is actually where I started. (Click on "Lyrics" if you listen to the song). You look at people and you might not see much on the surface, but everyone has an eternal connection and a destiny that lasts forever. It's the most wrong thing in the world to not see the worth of someone. That's why someone like Mother Teresa was able to give so easily to some who don't seem easy; she saw them for what they really are. The Gift of the Holy
Spirit knowledge has to do with seeing spiritual things the way they really are; it may be simple but it takes God-power not to be blind to what is right in front of us.

Sorry for the sermons, but it's hard not to when you talk about how these songs came about. And I think the insights are real enough. Maybe they can help someone!

Luv yuz

Mark L

No comments:

Post a Comment