Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"Credo" (Apostles Creed)"

"Credo" (Apostles Creed)" Posted on Jul 12, 2010 at 06:16 PMJuly 13, 2010 at 3:04 pm;
revised July 23, 2011

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/13648564 Link to "Credo" (Apostles' Creed)
{Composed on the Noteworthy Composer midi sheet music software program.  A sheet music text version is available upon request.}

This was a Classical-style piece I wrote "in my head" shortly after my conversion in 1974. [ I remembered at first that I wrote it in my head when I was 10, but my old notes tell me that was "A Stand of Courage".]  You can probably hear I was influenced by Handel's Messiah which I had always loved and there's a bit of Pachelbel's Canon in the opening. It's for SATB (Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Bass) and Orchestra.

I just had no avenue for getting it out for decades. In high school I made an attempt to write it by hand on music staffs but it was just too much for me. Finally, a few months ago, this Noteworthy Composer sheet music software came my way thanks to Dave. When I realized how easily I could get down what was in my head, I jumped at the chance to get this piece out. A lot of the LW friends were very surprised I could write something like this; and, frankly, I kind of shocked myself at how well I was able to write down what I had heard in my head all those years ago.

What to do with it now? Honestly, I have no idea! I hope it gets used someday. Tony told me at one point that HE had written a Creed and never got it down. I hope he gets his out, too.

The Apostles' Creed was written down in the second century and without a doubt expresses the faith of the Apostles.  This faith joins us in the Risen Body of Christ wherever we are, including 'those who have gone before'.  For those of us still fighting in this world, this faith joins us in Unconquerable Hope to live a triumphant life of Charity unto eternity.

We believe,
Mark L.

*the picture is of Ann Dallamora who sang with us & has been our friend; she is now a Carmelite involved in powerful intercessory prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment